18.12.09

questions over coffee


Kat in her garden - Feb 2009 - Nikon N60 35mm
I have experienced the snow in three different cities in two days:
  • The snow in Edinburgh yesterday fell fast on the Royal Mile and was the kind that sticks to your hair and refuses to melt.
  • This morning in York everything was crunchy white crystals, and there were confused ducks sitting in drifts and protesting loudly, their legs obscured.
  • My train journey to Kings Cross was at times arduous and slow, but it was vastly more beautiful than usual - I felt like I was in Switzerland when the windows were completely obscured by heavy, billowing clouds of flakes.
  • London and Beckenham were thinly veiled with a melting blanket of snow, that I doubt will last until Christmas day.
We should never stop enjoying snowfall is the point I think I was trying to make here.

No comments: