27.10.09

sonnet 73


My close and extended family on my mum's side make at least two pilgramages to Tywyn in Wales every year (though none of us have ever lived there) and have done for nigh on sixty years. I was just looking through these photos I took during the autumn holidays in 2008 and missing the traditional October half-term activities of wildly wind-swept beach walks, hikes up Bird Rock, traversing floods, carving pumpkins, playing quidditch (don't ask) and attending the bonfire and fireworks at Rhydyronen. Right now my family are in Tywyn as usual, enjoying all of the above, while I'm here in Southampton translating Anglo-Saxon poetry. Badly. However I'll not be disheartened, pumpkin shopping is on the cards for tomorrow and I need to plan my Halloween costume!






1-6 taken using Ricoh X10/Fujifilm Superia 400 35mm
7 with digital Kodak DX6490

1 comment:

Soren Lorensen said...

painful!

thought I would die my first few weeks comlpetely alone at uni, knowing that I wouldn't be home till Christmas

beautiful photos