20.10.09

give a girl the correct footwear

and she can conquer the world.

Cheers Bette Midler, I'll use that phrase as some sort of rationalisation for my shoe love. It started with my first pair of 'real' shoes when I was a toddler - apparantly I was so enamoured with my feet that I kept falling over because I stared at them constantly. Basically, I blame my recent extravagant online purchase on my parents, because they bought me tiny patent shoes all those years ago. When I first saw the studded Chloƫ Sevigny ankle boots above (from the Pre-Fall 08 collection) on the Jak & Jil blog I fell head over heels in love with them, and started to make elaborate savings plans though I knew deep down it was unlikely that I'd ever own a pair myself. Then just when I'd given up hope, Office came to the rescue and put an almost identical pair on the market at 10% of the price. I bought them, delirious with happiness and student loan.



SO BEAUTIFUL. I wore them for the first time today, to Sainsburys. It wasn't a particularly glamourous outing but at least they've been introduced to the outside world. Their wonderfulness is such that it actually made my feet feel happy.


Puritan dress - Uniqlo, leaf necklace - 50p from a clock shop in Tywyn, ankle boots from Office.
I was feeling particularly nun-like today, so wore my puritanical but lovely Uniqlo dress. The material is really nice, as are the bell sleeves. It could do with a belt really but I can't find any thin enough - where sells skinny plain brown leather belts these days? I haven't worn the leaf before now as it didn't feel autumny enough. 50p!

10 comments:

Soren Lorensen said...

hello. you have great hair

and you have Bowie at the top of your blog.

thank you for checking out my blog.

Arcadian Lady said...

Becky is brilliant.
I miss you gurrrrl.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my story :)

MASSIVE LOVE x

Emily Cato said...

I absolutely LOVE those shoes, and your style!

Clara Campelo said...

wowowow! i want your boots! :O
is so beautiful and amazing.
xxxxx

Goodle. said...

wow those shoes are seexey! Hmm, only if we had cool shoe shops here.
Try and look for brown belts in small thrift shops , theres usually a lot of them there :)

Goodle x

bearcat said...

thankyou for the lovely comments! xx

Mtura said...

Loving the ankle boots, lookin for somethin like that myself. Like you wearing it with that dress too, nice combination.

Ps: The haircut really suits you!

Cheers!

www.mturafashion.blogspot.com

Valentino thomas said...

Just make sure that the sandals you buy will last you a while. Do you want to know more about comfortable sandals? for detailed info click here.

jenkins said...

This kind of footwear is the perfect footwear for men and women who have casual day wear or women and men who want to look fashionable wholesale flip flops.

Hanry Taxton said...

Some of the most popular brands include Denim Jeans and Diesel. You can also find a large selection of clothing online through various Internet sites such as Amazon and eBay. Get more interesting details about frontrvnners street wear check this site.