6.10.09

happy birthday

...and it's another happy day
he was born eleven years ago
and this year it's long trousers
and a very smart tie.
just think in five years he'll be shaving.

and see how his face glows
it's an ninja sword. what a surprise!
it's a samurai sword. what a metal surprise.
he'll remember this day for the rest of his life.
- The Birthday Party "Happy Birthday"




I've been having my own little Birthday Party renaissance to counter feeling like a piece of grey fluff. Oh youthful Nick Cave, you were outta your tree. This performance of Junkyard goes some way to proving that. It's so visceral and weirdly sexual, I can't actually believe they were allowed on tv.

2 comments:

Wednesday Two said...

Oh God Oh God Oh God young Cave. I think I need my own Birthday Party day. I love this post so much. I swear this man just does terrible terrible things to me.

delicate diaries said...

Im having a free giveaway in my blog! please take a look! xxx