13.1.09

i've known true love, and it's called the nikon N60

My uncle had more cameras than he knew what to do with, so he kindly passed on his old Nikon N60 from the 90s on to me.

I thought my digital was a bit on the large side, but this really takes the biscuit. Despite its size it isn't too heavy, not that I really mind lugging cameras around anyway - if you want good photos you will invariably need a sturdier model than a little pocket digital. God I hate those. The ones of the size of a credit card which all look the same and oh my, have 10Megapixels so they MUST be good. Megapixels do not good photos make. In fact, I would argue the opposite. To hell with Megapixels! Give me wonderful photographs! So, I got my first roll of film developed (from my friend Dev's 18th dinner party), and I am head over heels for the clarity and atmosphere of the photos the N60 takes.






I can't wait to snap some more. Watch this space.

No comments: